Shrubs are essential plants for any garden, patio, balcony or terrace, since there are many that are kept beautiful all year round and that, in addition, tolerate pruning well, as is the case of the Cytisus multiflorus.
This is an ideal species to grow anywhere, as long as it is exposed to direct sun. As if that were not enough, it resists pests and diseases very well. Let's see in detail how it is cared for.
Origin and characteristics
It is a shrub known as white broom native to the Iberian Peninsula, where it grows in the center and in the western half. Today it has been naturalized in countries such as England, France, and Italy, and has even reached New Zealand and the United States.
It grows at a good rate until it reaches 2-3 meters in height., with flexible branches, the young ones being pubescent and striated. The leaves that sprout from the upper part are simple and linear-lanceolate, while those from the lower part are trifoliolate.
The flowers, which sprout in spring and summer, are small, 1-2cm, white and are grouped in clusters. The fruit is a crushed legume 2,5cm long.
What are their cares?
If you want to have a copy of Cytisus multiflorus, we recommend you take care of it as follows:
- Location: it must be outside, in full sun.
- Pot: uses universal growing medium (for sale is located here).
- Garden: grows in well-drained soils.
- Irrigation: water 3 or 4 times a week in summer, and somewhat less the rest of the year.
- Subscriber: it is interesting to pay it with ecological fertilizers, such as guano or compost, once a month or every 15 days.
- Multiplication: by seeds in spring.
- Rusticity: it resists well the cold and the frosts of until the -12ºC.
What did you think of this plant?