Many people dream of having a terrace where they can rest a bit outdoors without leaving home. However, for this idea to be really attractive, it is not enough to simply have one of these spaces, but we must set it and beautify it in such a way that we like to spend time there. Unfortunately, some outdoor products can be a bit pricey, but don't worry. In this article we will explain how to decorate cheap terraces
The objective is to give you some ideas and inspire you so that you can beautify your outdoor space without spending too much money. For this we will explain how you can make a cheap terrace and also what to put so they don't see us while we are eating, resting or simply enjoying it. A little privacy is always appreciated!
Table of Contents
How can you make a cheap terrace?
Before explaining how to decorate terraces cheaply, first we are going to comment on some tips and tricks to make the most of the available space and make it look beautiful, without losing practicality. In order to take advantage of the dimensions of the terrace, the most important thing is to define the zones well. We must be very clear about where the furniture, the planters, the rest area, tables, shelves, spaces to move, etc. should go. Once we know where we want to place each thing without it hindering our movement in the area, we can start organizing the decoration.
In order to achieve a really beautiful and practical terrace at the same time, there are some elements that cannot be missing. Also, planning the use of it is essential to be able to design it. Do you want to be able to eat out? Or just have a coffee? Take a nap? Do exercise? Depending on the benefit we want to get out of it, we will need some things or others. What there must be is some comfortable furniture, such as chairs, tables or small tables, armchairs and sofas if we have enough space, whatever comes to mind. Of course, remember that the furniture must be suitable for outdoors.
It is also essential to achieve a beautiful terrace that is well lit, during the day by the sun and at night by lights and LEDs. However, during the day it is of utmost importance that Let's have some shade if not there will be no one who goes out at noon in summer. Plants are another element without which a terrace is not what it should be. The use of greenery will give it a fresh and natural touch.
Other aspects that help create a comfortable and beautiful environment are textiles, as long as we choose them well, and decorative elements. Something that we must avoid at all costs is to use the terrace as if it were a storage room, otherwise we will not be able to create a comfortable relaxation and leisure space there.
Ideas to decorate cheap terraces
Knowing what the basic elements are for a terrace to become a comfortable and pleasant place, we are going to comment on some cheap ideas to decorate it:
- Furniture: Buying a whole set of outdoor furniture can be expensive, but there is a simple solution: Make it yourself with pallets. With these woods we can create chairs, sofas and tables, among other things. We even have the option to paint them to our liking.
- Pots: Pots with plants are a highly decorative element, and not only because of the plant they can carry inside. We can customize them to our liking, either by painting them or decorating them in other ways. Find out how here!.
- Plants: As we have mentioned before, vegetables are essential on a terrace. The selection of plants is already a matter of taste. We can prefer that they have flowers or not, that they are hanging, small, large, or a mix of several.
- Textiles: Adding cushions, some outdoor rugs and curtains will give a very cozy touch to the terrace. They are generally quite affordable, but we always have the option of looking second hand to pay less.
- Lights: If we want to enjoy our terrace at night too, we can place LEDs to give us soft and romantic lighting, or even candles.
- Urban garden: Why not grow our own vegetables on the terrace? The urban gardens They are more and more fashionable.
What to put on a terrace so they don't see you?
Now that we have some ideas on how to decorate terraces cheaply, let's see what we can do to avoid the curious looks of the neighbors. Not everyone likes to be constantly watched, be it eating, resting, exercising, or whatever comes to mind. We have several options, but some are not as cheap as others:
- Sunshades: Umbrellas and parasols are good options, especially if we do not want to spend a lot of money. These products can also be purchased second hand. The most expensive option would be to install awnings.
- Plant lattices and barriers: We can use trellises and climbing plants to create a kind of green wall.
- Concealment panels: Tall blackout panels can usually be purchased at large garden and furniture stores. If we want to save some money, we can look at making them ourselves with wood.
- Pots with tall plants: Another option as a plant barrier would be the acquisition of large pots with tall plants. Generally, large plants are not very cheap, but if we buy them when they are still small, we can save some money. Of course, we will have to be patient and endure the looks of others while they grow.
- Curtains: Apart from being extremely decorative, they look great even in open environments such as terraces. However, we will need some structure where we can hook them. A good option is to place a pergola, but these can be a bit out of budget.
I hope that these ideas have inspired you to decorate your terrace in an economical but beautiful way. In the end, the important thing is that the result is to your liking and that you create an environment in which you feel comfortable. As you can see, there are many possibilities to beautify our environment without spending too much money, you just have to be a little creative and handy.