A flower bed is the perfect excuse to have a mini-garden within a garden. It can have the shape you want: rectangular, square, linear, curved, ... and, in addition, you can plant whatever you want, the most common being perennial plants.
How useful is it? Basically, to beautify the place, which is why in all gardens there must be at least one. But you should know that, depending on its height, it can also be used to have the different sections divided. Having said that, do you want to know how to make flower beds? Don't wait any longer 😉.
How to make a flower bed in a garden?
If you want to have your garden even more beautiful, do not hesitate to make a flower bed. It is very simple to do and it will hardly take you time. In fact, you just have to follow these steps:
- Make an outline of the flowerbed- Spray paint directly onto the floor the shape you want it to be. If you want a perfect design, first draw it in a cardboard box that you will use as a template.
- Then place a anti-weed mesh on the inner surface of the flower bed. You can fix it with nails, small stones, ... or whatever you prefer.
- Dig the dirt around, in a strip about 20cm wide and 15cm deep. To make it look its best, you have to do the job with a straight shovel.
- Then, bricks, stones, or rocks have to be put around the contour, depending on how you want it to be 🙂. You don't have to be very tall, but you don't have to be very short either. Ideally, it should not exceed 30cm.
- Once this task is finished, you must proceed to fill in the flower bed with universal growing medium mixed with equal parts perlite, compost or mulch.
- Finally, touch the most interesting part: plant the plants. You can put flowers, shrubs, and there are even those who choose to combine several types of plants, such as shrubs or small trees with seasonal flowers.
It was easy, right?