In the market there are numerous insecticide products and chemical fertilizers which, if we exceed the dose, can harm the plant, rather than give it some benefit.
If we want to avoid taking unnecessary risks plus, save enough money, we can choose to make ourselves remedies against pests natural, and homemade fertilizers.
We will start with natural remedies, those that we will use to prevent and / or combat those pests that bother our plants so much, such as aphids, mealybugs, whiteflies, etc.
Some of these Remedies are:
- Eggshell: we usually throw them in the garbage, but if we boil them in a liter of distilled water, they are excellent against mealybugs, aphids, thrips, whiteflies and spider mites.
- Garlic and onion: once crushed, it is a mixture that helps to scare away parasites, as well as to fight aphids, spider mites and thrips.
- Ground coffee: if we add a small teaspoon in a liter of water, and apply the mixture with a spray on the underside of the leaves, it will help fight mites, larvae and eggs.
- Burning alcohol and soap: if we add them in a liter of warm water and apply it with a spray, it will fight aphids and mealybugs.
- Lemon juice: if we cut a lemon in half, and rub the base of the trunks one, we will be able to fight ants.
- Water: applied with a spray, helps fight red spider mites.
And now the Fertilizers:
- Coffee grounds or cold tea.
- Vegetable cooking water.
- The last drops of olive oil in a liter of water, especially for geraniums.
Both fertilizers and home remedies will help the plant, over time, get stronger and don't fall victim to the most annoying pests as often.
Finally, add that a plant that is healthy, that has everything it needs, will hardly fall ill.
More information - Home remedies against aphids and other insects
Image - Pharma tips