Having a well-kept garden takes time. Even if you have a low-maintenance lawn that is perfectly adapted to living with the conditions on your plot, it will need to be trimmed from time to time so that it does not grow too large, for example with a electric mower.
These types of machines are generally very quiet, and since they have the adjustable cut at different levels, it will not be difficult for you to get the grass you really want. But, How to choose the best model?
Table of Contents
- 1 The best electric lawn mower in our opinion
- 2 Selection of other recommended electric lawn mowers
- 3 Electric Lawn Mower Buying Guide
- 4 What is the maintenance of the electric lawn mower?
- 5 Where to buy the best electric lawn mower?
The best electric lawn mower in our opinion
If we had to choose one, we wouldn't think about it much. This model is the one that we found the most interesting:
- With a cutting width of 32 centimeters, you can have your lawn ready in no time.
- The height of the short is adjustable to three levels: 20, 40 and 60mm, so you only have to choose if you want a higher or lower green carpet.
- The tank has a capacity of 31 liters; enough so that the emptying work is not uncomfortable.
- It works with a 1200W electric motor. An interesting power to cut the grass the way you want it and in a short time.
- It has a weight of 6,8kg; That is, you can take it from one place to another even if you don't have much strength in your arms 😉.
- It is suitable for surfaces of 250 square meters.
- The value for money is very good.
- It can be stored almost anywhere as it has a compact design.
- It is not suitable for large gardens.
- The deposit can become small if the grass has not been cut for a long time.
Selection of other recommended electric lawn mowers
- The ARM 3200 lawnmower: the powerful universal lawnmower
- It offers three height-of-cut settings (20-40-60mm), while the innovative grass comb enables cutting close to edges along walls and fences
- The large 31-litre grass basket requires less emptying, while the powerful 1200W motor ensures effortless mowing, even in tall grass
- 3-level single-wheel cutting height adjustment
- Collapsible rail allows for space-saving storage
- 30l cut grass collection box
- Powerful carbon motor with high torque. Centralized adjustment of the cutting height with 6 positions.
- Handle with folding bar. Integrated carrying handle for easy transport.
- Clip to relieve cable tension. High and wide wheels to protect the lawn.
- ✅ EFFICIENT MOWING AT UP TO 3.200 RPM ROTATION SPEED: This Goodyear 1800W electric lawn mower features a 210-230V electric motor that can achieve a cutting rotational speed of 3.200 rpm. It is a very easy to handle grass mower that drives with little effort. Its chassis made of high quality polypropylene, has an excellent quality-price ratio, it is also very resistant to shocks and corrosion.
- ✅ TO COVER AREAS OF UP TO 300 m²: It is a 1.800W electric lawnmower that is used to work on surfaces of up to 300m2. It has a cutting width of 40cm, perfect for covering small and medium-sized areas of land, also to be able to work in corners and corners. Its cloth or collector bag has a 35L capacity and can be removed with 2 simple gestures. It is an electric machine for cutting grass that is very easy to handle.
- ✅ HEIGHT ADJUSTABLE HANDLEBAR WITH VERY COMFORTABLE GRIP: The Goodyear 1800W electric lawnmower has a centralized handlebar adjustment, with really compact dimensions of 71 x 48 x 29 centimeters, also with a super comfortable grip handlebar and folding type. It can be stored without any complications and does not take up any space.
- Powerful 1200W 32cm Lawn Mower with new ergonomically designed handle
- New high-performance blade with 80% more pick-up capacity
- Optimal for maintaining lawns up to 300m2, an area equivalent to 1,5 tennis courts
- For small lawns: the 1000 W lawn mower with a 32 cm cutting width and the 250 W lawn trimmer are ideal for small gardens.
- Adjustable cutting height: 3 levels of axial cutting height adjustment (20/40/60 mm).
- 35 l optimized herb tank with fill indicator: waste less time emptying.
Einhell GC-EM 1030/1
If you have a small medium-sized lawn of up to 250 square meters and you don't want or can't spend a lot of money, you don't have to give up on a high-quality mower. This is a model with a cutting width of 30cm and an adjustable cutting height as it has 3 levels, from 25 to 60mm. And with a bag whose capacity is 28l, your garden will be perfect.
As if that were not enough, it has a fast starter motor with a power of 1000W, and it only weighs 6,18kg!
Black + Decker BEMW451BH-QS
With a cutting width of 32 centimeters, an adjustable height from 20 to 60mm and a 35-liter tank, you will be able to have a lawn just the way you want it; And not only that, but keeping it that way will not require a lot of effort with this model designed to work on lawns whose surface area is up to 300 square meters.
Its weight is 7,4kg, so carrying it will be very easy.
This is an adjustable mower, both the cutting height (from 35 to 75mm) and the handle. The width is 33 centimeters, and it has a tank with a capacity of 40 liters, which ensures that you can work a very wide surface without having to empty it often. It has a power of 1300W, and is suitable for gardens of up to 400 square meters.
His weight is 8kg, so working with him will be like taking a walk 😉.
No products found.
When you have a lawn that can be considered quite large, with an area of about 500 square meters, you have to look for an electric lawn mower that is suitable. This Makita model has a 38 centimeter cutting width, and an adjustable height from 25 to 75mm. Its power is 1400W, which guarantees that its performance will be what is expected of it, since it also has a large capacity tank of 40 liters.
His weight is only 13 kilos.
This is a highly recommended model for more or less wide lawns, up to 500 square meters, and for those people who do not want to spend too much time on its maintenance. The cutting width is 42 centimeters, and the height is adjustable from 20 to 65mm. Both the tank and the power are very interesting, as it can hold 50 liters of grass, and it works with a 1800W motor.
Since not all people measure the same, its handle is adjustable. And it weighs only 10kg.
Bosch Advanced Rotak 770
Do you have a 770 square meter lawn? Then you will need a mower that performs at its best without making a lot of noise and without it being a great effort for you. This model has an adjustable cutting height from 20 to 80mm, and a cutting width of 46 centimeters.
Its tank is 50 liters, and its power is 1800W. It weighs 16kg, which may seem like a lot, but it is easy to carry thanks to its four wheels.
Electric Lawn Mower Buying Guide
Seeing many models can raise many doubts: there are so many! Some are cheaper, others more expensive; with a more or less high power. Taking this into account, choosing one normally takes a few minutes, or even maybe an hour or more if you are a person who wants to be well informed about all the components that the electric lawnmower has.
But we hope that with this guide it will be easy for you to choose:
Each model of electric lawn mower is designed for a specific lawn surface. Although you can use a model indicated for, for example, a smaller surface than your garden has, its performance as you use it you will see that it decreases. In addition, the small garden models have a lower capacity tank than the large garden models.
Esto it will depend on the surface of your lawn: if it is 300 square meters or less, it is advisable that the width be about 30cm, but if it is greater, it is preferable that it be more than 30cm and it can reach 50cm if it is really very large.
The power of a motor is the amount of work it does per unit of time, but not necessarily a mower with a very high power will be the right one for you, since it may be the case that it makes a lot of noise which is quite normal in very powerful engines unless they have some kind of silencer. Apart from that, if you have a small lawn, a mower model with a more or less low power, 1000-1200W, will suffice.
Today electric lawnmowers are not too expensive, although it is true that there are models that may surprise us. But for home use, to keep the lawn of a small or medium garden well cut, getting a model at a good price is not difficult. Anyway, Before deciding, compare different models, prices, and read if possible opinions of other buyers so there are no surprises.
What is the maintenance of the electric lawn mower?
Maintenance of the electric lawn mower is very easy. You have to remove any remaining grass that it has, both on the wheels and blades and of course in the bag. Do this with the cord unplugged and with a dry cloth or soft bristle brush. When finished, dry it well, thoroughly.
Grease the wheels a bit, as well as the cutting height adjustment mechanism so that it remains 100% efficient. And don't forget to bring the blades to be sharpened every year.
If we talk about how to store it, it must be supported on its four wheels, with the cable coiled and stored in a dry place, protected from the sun.
Where to buy the best electric lawn mower?
You can buy an electric lawn mower at any of these sites:
In this large online shopping center they have a wide catalog of electric mowers, many of them with opinions of other buyers. So you just have to find the one you like, buy it and wait to receive it 🙂.
The Aki have an interesting variety of lawnmower models at various prices, and some are electric. The quality is very good, as they only sell recognized brands such as Garland or B&D. Yes indeed, If you want one, you will have to go to a physical store as they do not have their own online store (But you will find their products at Leroy Merlin).
In this shopping center specialized in gardening tools and machinery, they sell several electric lawn mowers at different prices. Each product sheet is very complete, so I'm sure you can find a good model here. The only thing you have to keep in mind is that they only sell in physical stores.
The same thing happens with Carrefour as with Aki; that is, they sell several lawnmowers, but few electric ones. The advantage it has is that you can buy it from any physical store, or online.
We hope you were able to find the best electric lawn mower for you 😉.
And if you want to continue investigating the different models of lawnmowers that exist, we also have guides for:
- Most recommended manual mower
- Choosing the best gasoline lawn mower
- Lawn Tractor Buying Guide
- Which robotic lawnmower to buy
On the other hand, to get even more doubts, you can visit our lawn mower buying guide. We hope this help you.