If you have grass in your garden, surely you have already enjoyed it on countless occasions, and it is a joy to be able to lie down on this magnificent green carpet, or celebrate, for example, a birthday under the shade of a tree. But if you don't take care of the grass it will grow and grow, becoming what amateur gardeners sometimes call "jungle", making what before looked beautiful, now it becomes wild, losing the harmony that it once had.
What to do to restore order? Well, it's very simple: get a tool that cuts the grass. If you want to go easy, if you don't want to invest too much time in its maintenance and / or if you are looking for one that is economical, the perfect solution for you is the manual lawn mower.
Table of Contents
- 1 Our recommendation for the best walk-behind mower
- 2 What are the best manual lawn mowers?
- 3 Buying Guide for a Manual Lawn Mower
- 4 What is the maintenance of the manual lawnmower?
- 5 Where to buy?
Our recommendation for the best walk-behind mower
If we had to choose one, we wouldn't think about it much. This model is the one that we found the most interesting:
- It has an adjustable cutting height from 15 to 35mm so you can have your grass shorter or taller according to your preferences thanks also to its five blades.
- The cutting width is 40cm; In other words, the work area will be wide and the time spent mowing the lawn will be minimal.
- The capacity of the bag is 27 liters. You won't have to empty it every two times 😉.
- Perfect for a lawn area of up to 250 square meters.
- The wheels are large, thus avoiding putting too much pressure on the grass.
- It is relatively light and easy to carry, weighing in at 7kg.
- The price is very economical.
- The model itself can be great when you have a small lawn.
- You have to read and follow the assembly instructions so that later problems do not arise.
- It is for more or less frequent use.
What are the best manual lawn mowers?
- The einhell gc-hm 300 manual lawn mower is a robust and functional mower without motor drive, with which you can cut lawns up to 150 m² in a clean, quiet and environmentally friendly way
- The ball bearing cutting spindle is equipped with five high-quality steel blades and 30 cm cutting width. 4-level cutting height adjustment can be individually adapted from 13mm to 37mm
- The plastic roller has a diameter of 45mm. The manual mower is equipped with large-area wheels that are gentle on the grass. 16-liter grass collector is removable and easy to empty
- Includes: AHM 30 manual lawn mower
- AHM 30 Manual Lawn Mower - More Precise Cuts for Scissor-Cut Lawn
- Simple: fast and convenient cutting of small areas of lawns
- Simple, fast and easy cutting of small areas
- Convenient, tool-free click adjustment cut adjustment
- Efficient cylinder cutting system with 5 curved helical blades in hardened steel
- Ball bearing knife spindle
- Centralized height-of-cut adjustment with 4 levels
- Wider wheels to protect the lawn
- Quiet, energy-saving, non-contact cutting technology
- Ball bearing spindle with 5 high-quality steel blades
- High quality steel precision cutting blades
Elem Garden Technic
A very interesting model, with a cutting width of 30 centimeters and an adjustable height from 12 to 45mm, which will allow you to have the grass you dreamed of again.
In addition, it can hold up to 16 liters of grass, making it ideal for small gardens. And since it weighs 4,9kg it is very easy to carry.
The AL-KO manual lawn mower is specially designed for gardens with a small area, of no more than 150 square meters. The cut is adjustable, from 12 to 45mm, so you can have your lawn at the desired height, as if you were cutting it with scissors 😉.
Its weight is 7,5kg, so using it will be very comfortable.
Simple to use and to handle. Its cutting width is 30cm, and it allows adjusting the cutting height between 10 and 36mm. As it has a basket with a capacity of 15 liters, it is highly recommended for small areas and moderate use.
Easy to carry, since its design is ergonomic and weighs 7kg.
This mower will be very useful if the garden is small. The cylinder is of five blades and has a rear roller, thus ensuring the perfect cut. Its cutting width is 38 centimeters, and you can adjust the cutting height from 15 to 43mm.
Also, the compartment has a capacity of 25 liters, and the total weight is only 10kg.
Highly recommended for surfaces up to 150 square meters. A helical mower with a cutting width of 33 centimeters, and an adjustable height from 12 to 42mm.
It is easy to clean, since the cylinder being non-stick prevents the grass, in case it is wet, from sticking, and it costs almost nothing to carry it when it weighs 10kg.
Do you have a medium-sized garden, with an area of up to 250 square meters? This model has large wheels and a compartment with a capacity of 26 liters. Its cutting width is 38cm, and the height is 13 to 38mm.
If we talk about its weight, it is 8,35kg, so comfort is assured.
Buying Guide for a Manual Lawn Mower
We have seen several models and, although they all share more or less the same characteristics, each one is specific for a certain lawn surface, or one is heavier than another, or has a compartment with a greater or lesser capacity than the others, ... How do you know which one is best for you?
So that the purchase is really the right one, below we will offer you many tips that, we hope you will find very useful:
Cutting width and height
Do you want a low grass or a little high? We recommend that the width be at least 30 centimeters and that the height be adjustable. The reason? Each time you will work a more or less wide surface, apart from that you will be able to cut it to the height you want. Bearing this in mind, keeping the lawn well trimmed will take a short period of time, of course depending on the surface of the lawn it will be more or less. The bigger it is, don't hesitate to get a model with as wide a width as possible.
Although all models have wheels, something that undoubtedly makes the work very comfortable, it is worth paying attention to their weight. Thus, if you are like me a person who does not have too much strength in the arms 🙂, it will be better for you to take a mower that does not weigh too much. Now, you should keep in mind that a light mower will have a smaller compartment, and therefore will have been designed for small areas, up to 100-150 square meters.
A lawn of 50 square meters is not the same as another of 300. Depending on its surface you will have to choose one or another model of lawnmower, then those that are larger, with a larger deposit of grass, are more designed for large areas than not for small ones. This does not mean that you cannot buy them if you have a rather small lawn, but it is true that if you do, you will spend much more money than you would if you bought a model suitable for your needs.
The above brings me to the price. What is your budget? The models that we have shown you here are quite cheap, with a very good value for money. This is very important. You do not have to buy a manual lawnmower without first reading the characteristicsAnd even whenever possible, it doesn't hurt to take a look at the opinions of other buyers. Inform. All in all, you will receive a model in your home that will serve you for years.
What is the maintenance of the manual lawnmower?
It is necessary for you to last as long as it has to last clean after each use. Therefore, you have to empty the bag of the grass (you can take advantage of this and make compost), and with a scouring pad, water and a few drops of dishwasher remove all the rest of the dirt. When finished, rinse and dry thoroughly, thoroughly.
On the other hand also you must sharpen the blades every so often. Normally, it is usually once every three or four months, but if you notice that your manual lawnmower cuts less, we advise you to remove the blades with suitable tools (depending on the model, often with just a wrench you can remove the screws well) and take them to be sharpened.
Where to buy?
You can buy your manual lawnmower in any of these places:
On amazon They have a wide catalog of manual lawnmowers, at different prices. There are them for less than € 50 and for more than € 100. Buyers have the possibility to share their opinions of the models they purchase, something that will help you choose the one that interests you, pay and wait to receive it at home.
In Fiskars they have a range of products for the care and maintenance of the lawn, but the truth is that they have little. Although it must be said that their files are very complete, allowing the potential buyer to know all the details of the models.
In Leroy They have a fairly wide catalog of lawnmowers at prices that range from very cheap (€ 49,95) to the most expensive with a cost of more than 2000 euros. But of manuals they have only two, which you can buy directly from their online store.
At Lidl they sometimes sell quality walk-behind mowers, for about € 50-70. But you must be attentive to their newsletterSince they are products that they have a few times throughout the year, they tend to run out of stock quickly.
With the advice received, we hope that you can find the manual lawnmower model that will make your life in the garden much easier.
If you want, you can also take a look at the best models of:
Another thing you can do is discover our selection of the best lawn mowers by click here.
? What is the advantage of a manual lawn mower?
Although all mowers have a common function (cutting grass), the manuals are characterized by being cheaper and requiring little maintenance.
? Which brand of manual lawn mower is better?
We find Lidl, Einhell, Husqvarna or Fiskars brands. However, we recommend you see the differences of each one because they all have pros and cons.
? How much does a manual lawnmower cost?
Although it depends on its power, resistance and reputation of the brand, prices usually range between € 50-100.
? Is it worth buying a manual lawn mower?
Of course yes. But remember to take care of it so that its useful life is extended: clean it with each use and sharpen its blades.