Sometimes it is not as easy as it seems to create a harmonious and visually pleasing environment. There are several aspects that must be taken into account when we want to design both interiors and gardens, balconies, terraces and porches. However, with a little inspiration, anything is possible. To help you a little, we will give some Tips and ideas for charming enclosed porches.
Specifically, we will comment on how closed porches could be decorated rustic style or modern style, contributing some other idea. If you are thinking of giving your porch a special touch, I recommend that you take a look at this article.
Rustic Enclosed Porches
We will start by commenting on how to decorate closed porches in a rustic style. Obviously, the predominant material in this case should be wood. Both furniture and decorative elements should be made of wood, wicker, bamboo, straw and other natural materials. In this type of design, almost all types of plants look good, but it is best to see a lot of green between the brown tones of the wood. It is a very natural and pleasant look.
It should be noted that, as it is a style very much inspired by nature, it is recommended that the porch be semi-closed, that it has a pergola or that the walls are made of glass. so that a lot of light enters and seems as natural an environment as possible. Regarding the colors, whether of pots, fabrics, curtains, etc., they should be discreet if possible, with natural tones and that fit into the environment.
In this type of environment, handmade ornaments and furniture also look great, even by ourselves. This can be various objects and crafts, such as the following:
- Pallet sofas: Very rustic, cheap and customizable. Find out how to make them here!.
- Vertical garden with pallets: The ideal mix between wood and green plants. Find out how to do it here!.
- Painted pots: Painting the pots to our liking will give a unique and personalized touch to the porch. Find out how to do it here!.
- Decorated clay pots: Apart from painting them, we can also decorate the pots in other ways through fabrics and ornaments, for example. Find out how to do it here!.
Now that we have more or less clear what the rustic style is like, we are going to comment any ideas that can be really spectacular if we want closed porches with charm:
- Curtains: Putting light, thin curtains in a color that matches the rest of the space can give it a fresh and airy touch. Even for open porches it is a great option.
- Carpets: Rugs have the ability to make any space more welcoming and comfortable. By carefully selecting the color, tone and material of them, there is no doubt that they will look great on the porch.
- Cushions: Pursuing the same goal of creating a comfortable and welcoming environment, cushions cannot be missing. We can place them not only on chairs, sofas and armchairs, but also on the floor with beautiful puffs in a natural and rustic style.
- Plants: As we have already mentioned before, plants cannot be missing, and the more, the better. So nothing happens if we fill the closed porch with pots, whether they are large, small, hanging, floor or tabletop. The variety of sizes of vegetables and their different leaves will be spectacular.
- Lights: Being a closed porch, we can contemplate the option of placing ceiling lamps made of natural materials. In addition, it is very nice and romantic to hang LEDs on the walls and between the plants. We can also put candles and lanterns in a rustic style and achieve a dreamlike atmosphere at night.
- Paintings: Being a closed porch, hanging pictures or other elements on the walls can be really good, as long as it goes in accordance with the rest of the environment.
Modern Enclosed Porches
If you do not like the rustic style so much and you are more into modern designs, do not worry, we will also give you some ideas and advice. Usually, Simplicity and ample space are valued more. For this reason, many plants and impractical elements are not usually placed. Wood is not used much either, since uniformity and symmetry are sought more. Obviously, it is a matter of taste and you can even mix different styles.
Another noteworthy aspect of the modern style is that gives great importance to geometric shapes and color contrasts, such as black and white. For this reason, many sofas and furniture made of black rattan and white cushions are often seen. What modern enclosed porches convey is a sense of order, harmony, and space.
Having already an approximate idea of the most outstanding elements of the modern style, we are going to give you any ideas on how to make charming enclosed porches:
- Fabric: Whether they are curtains, cushions, rugs, etc., it is best that they be uniform and all the same color.
- Furniture: To create a contrast between soft fabrics and more solid elements, such as furniture, they should have a distinctly different color. For example: Black furniture and white fabrics.
- Pots: If we decide to place plants on the modern porch, it will be great if the pots match the furniture. Following the example above, they would be black.
- Plants: Obviously plants can be placed in a modern style. If we put few we will get a more minimalist environment and if we put many we will have a modern environment with a lot of green, which can also be very pleasing to the eye.
- Crystal: A widely used element in this style is glass, the transparent. Glass tables, for example, are usually really spectacular.
- Paintings: As in the rustic style, paintings can be a good idea to decorate the walls of the porch, as long as they match the rest of the aesthetic.
In the end, decorating a space in the home, whatever it may be, is a matter of taste and a very personal decision. I hope that with these ideas I have helped to inspire you a little to decorate closed porches with charm. Of course, you do not have to follow only one style, a good mix between different designs can result in a unique and impressive environment.